Symphonic hit “Carmina Burana” in the FOCUS building in Warsaw
Famous cantata “Carmina Burana” conquered concert halls and opera houses world wide, and brought its composer immortal fame. Carl Orff's masterpiece will be performed on December 2nd in the courtyard of the Focus office building in Warsaw.
One of the greatest pieces of classical music will be performed by over 250 artists: the Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra, the University of Warsaw Choir, the Choir of the Faculty of Physics of the University of Warsaw, the Tibi Domine Choir, Warsaw SWPS University Choir, the Warsaw Boys' Choir at the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, and the following soloists: Olga Pasiecznik – soprano, Krzysztof Kur – tenor, Konstantin Suchkov – baritone. The concert will be conducted by Michał Klauza. The event will inaugurate a series of classical music concerts, entitled “The Power of Classic”.
“Carmina Burana” is based on extracts from a medieval manuscript, found in the Benedictine monastery in Beuern in Bavaria. The poems praise the charms of spring and the pleasures of communal feasts, but also deal with the perennial theme of human dependence on the whims of fate. The prologue “O Fortuna,” which begins the cantata, is one of the most spectacular and recognizable musical incipits. Definitely the kind of music that should be heard live. “Carmina Burana's” catchy melodies, expressive rhythms, rich sound colour and lively orchestration create a remarkable experience, one that is remembered for a long time.
Tickets from PLN 59 to PLN 259 are available on www.MocKlasyki.pl.
Special offer for employees working in the Focus building - 10% discount!
Book your tickets on: www.bilety.trinitygroup.pl/event/view/id/58682
and enter password “CB2017” in the “comment/promotional code” field.
More information availabe at:
• Program: Carl Orff „Carmina Burana”
• Date: 02.12.2017 (Saturday)
• Venue: Budynek Focus, ul. Lecha Kaczyńskiego 26, 00-609 Warszawa
• Time: 17:00
• Concert duration: 80 minutes
• Ticket prices: 59, 99, 189, 229, 239, 259 zł
• Polska Orkiestra Radiowa
• Chór Akademicki Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego
• Chór Wydziału Fizyki Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego
• Chór Tibi Domine
• Chór Uniwersytetu SWPS
• Warszawski Chór Chłopięcy przy UMFC
• Soliści: Olga Pasiecznik – sopran, Krzysztof Kur – tenor, Konstantin Suchkov – baryton
• Michał Klauza – dyrygent
• Przygotowanie chórów: Irina Bogdanovich, Katarzyna Płońska, Justyna Pakulak, Ewa Mackiewicz, Krzysztof Kusiel-Moroz
• Magdalena Miśka-Jackowska – słowo o muzyce
Concert producer: TRINITY